Counselling with a relationship therapist can greatly benefit you if ...
- You want to resolve the unfulfilling relationship or marriage that you are currently in.
- You hope to find support in dealing with struggles such as abuse, differences in sexual interest, ineffective communication, frequent bickering, infidelity, emotional unresponsiveness and/or emptiness in your relationship or marriage.
- You are seeking for support while going through a painful breakup, divorce or separation.
- You wish to free yourself from recurring patterns that have kept you from feeling empowered, respected, appreciated, loved and satisfied in your relationship or marriage.
- You want to manage feelings of frustrations, depression, anger, resentment, ineffectiveness, inadequacy, helplessness, and/or hopelessness in your relationships with your partner, spouse, family, friends and/or coworkers.
- You would like to learn ways in which you can enhance your femininity as a woman or masculinity as a man.
- You wish to feel loved, respected, appreciated, satisfied and valued in your relationship or marriage.
- You are seeking for support in dealing with issues pertaining to your gay/lesbian identity.
Unhappy relationship in which a person feels ineffective, disempowered, neglected or even abused can often be the culprit of one's depression, anxiety, hopelessness and dissatisfaction in life. We as human beings strive and flourish in relationships in which we feel respected, appreciated and loved.
Specializing in relationship issues, Quyn works with individuals who experience one or more of the following concerns in their current relationship/marriage:
- Breakup, divorce or separation
- Abuse - emotional, physical, sexual and verbal
- Maladaptive patterns of communication
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Difficulties in commitment
- Insecurity and jealousy
- Trust issues
- Poor boundary setting
- Lack of emotional responsiveness or emotional availability
As a therapist, Quyn can help you gain a deeper understanding and insight of how your patterns, thoughts and behaviours in relationships have been developed in response to your difficult and challenging circumstances in the past. Some of these patterns may have helped you cope with your past situations. Yet they may have become the source of current isolation and disconnections that you often experience in your current relationship or marriage. Once you recognize these patterns, Quyn can guide you in exploring ways in which you can begin to break free from these unhelpful patterns and develop new and empowering ones. As a result, you will start to feel confident about who you are, gain a solid and secure sense of self, and proud and appreciative of what you have to offer to others, all of which are important steps in achieving a fulfilling relationship or marriage.